Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday, May 26th

I woke up feeling great this morning for only having 4 hours of sleep! Dr. C has done wonders!! However, that was relatively short lived...it didn't take too long of being up and around for my back to start hurting again. I do, however, believe it's better than it was yesterday. I'm not sleeping much, unfortunately. I'm afraid I have restless leg syndrome. Just what I need! It's been getting progressively more annoying, so I'm starting to get a little PO'd! It's really hard to sleep when your legs are "dancing with the stars!!"

Bob, Ann, Dave and I went to the cemeteries today. Neither of the cemeteries had been mowed because they are really soggy! A friend of mine who's on Facebook said he'd had 7.25" of rain in Libertyville. The cemetery there felt like it too! Actually I thought Batavia's was soggier. We ended up with extra flowers this year...hmmmm, I hope we didn't forget anyone. I even walked up the hill to our great, great grandparents' grave. They're in a really old part of the cemetery, and no one else goes up there. I would do all of the great-grandparents and great,greats' if I could find them all! I like the historical aspect of decorating graves. Through the years we've acquired more graves to decorate - we do all of Mom's brothers & sisters as well as her parents and grand-parents. Then we do all of Dad's brothers & sisters (and cousins - we've lost 3 on this side of the family), as well as his parents and grand-parents too! Then I always go up the hill to do Grandma A's parents and grandparents.

Tomorrow we're leaving early in the morning for Indiana. Dave's sister is retiring from teaching and we want to be there for her party. Plus, Dave's family always get together for Memorial Day and Labor Day...they used to all of them camp, but now just Don and some cousins camp. We'll go out to the campgrounds though - have a glass of wine and enjoy the camp fire! We're coming back home on Sunday, so it'll be a quick trip. Unfortunately we're going to miss our church's celebration of our graduates. We have 3 girls graduating who have beautiful singing voices and they're all going to perform on Sunday. :(

Look what I found today. I love this picture!! Reminds me of my "other" life!

I also wanted to share a picture of Allison - she is always trying to fill in the hole on the pitching mound! It just cracks me up! She got rained out last night. Next game is June 1st in Wellman. We'll be traveling the back roads of eastern Iowa again!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...