Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another busy day!

Since we got another 3" of rain last night, Dave couldn't go to work. When he doesn't go to work, he thinks he has to work around here! So, he got up this morning, looked outside and decided he was going to strip the wallpaper off the half-bath downstairs. I wanted to be the first to pull off some of that paper, so I came down and started pulling it off. The top layer came off so easily that I did the whole bathroom except at the very top, which I couldn't reach! Since I'm still dizzy, I didn't want to be on a ladder working above my head - I'm sure I would have fallen off! So now he's got the wall paper all stripped off, but there's no plaster on the walls - just some kind of a plaster board without a coating. He doesn't know what to do about that. Should we put up 3/8" drywall or have this guy he knows come in and thin-coat it. I say thin-coat. If we put up drywall, we lose another 1" of room (not quite an inch) and that room is little already!! Right now he's shopping online for a medicine cabinet, but none of the ones online seem to be the same size as ours. Why can't things be simple?????

Tonight I had another church meeting and since I'm the note-taker for both commissions, I'd better get busy typing up notes! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...