Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hump Day!

I had an early, early appointment with Dr. C this morning. I've been feeling enough better that I've been out pulling weeds from my flowers. This morning, however, I was really stiff...plus I'm still dizzy. Hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up and find that my back is even better.

We heard today that our friend, Diana, who had the aneurysm, was to get her breathing tube removed today. She was doing well and her color had improved, etc. We're still praying for her, though. They said it would be a long rehabilitation period!

Dave hired a guy to come put thin coat on the half-bath and he came this morning. He's got two coats on already and is planning to be here at 8:00 in the morning to put the third coat on. Dave thinks he'll get to paint tomorrow afternoon...yay!! We got our paint this evening, so we're now ready as soon as that last coat of plaster dries. I'll probably be mowing unless it rains some more. We got another 2.5 inches of rain last night, so that's 6" in about 36 hours. We're pretty much water-logged!

I'm working on a wall hanging - one that part of the pattern is missing from. I've got to get over to see Sudi so I can get her opinion of what I should do. I've got two points of the star finished, but each point takes a long time and there are 8 of them. This is a paper-pieced pattern and I struggle getting pieces 1 and 2 on correctly. I think paper piecing is hard, when in fact it should be easy. I'll get it done, even if I have to "un-sew" the seam between 1 & 2 each time (like I've had to so far!!)

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...