Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cold Day!

I think a touch of winter came back today. I came downstairs early this morning (because I'm still waiting for the electrician to come) and opened all the doors. It wasn't long until I was closing a door here, a window there! I think the doors from Canada to the US must be open wide cause there was some cold wind today!

I worked upstairs in my studio a lot of today. I got my star all pieced and now I'm ready for the inset pieces....but I am lost. I don't know what color to make my light pieces. I think I'm going to need to make a trip to Amana. Anyone interested???

Here's the star (not put together yet). I used purples, blues and greens. This picture is using the flash on my camera...actually the next picture is a more accurate depiction of the colors.



Here's the pattern. When I do the insets, I'll continue with my blues, greens and purples. I just don't know how to get my unusual feathered star to pop off the background. Should I use white,

or should I try to use one of these light colors? The border will be the butterfly fabric and lighter shades of blue, green and purple. Whichever way I decide to go, I may have to make a road trip. I don't think I want all of the same fabric for the light triangles...maybe I should use a combination of these 3 light fabrics. I could really use some advice here. Thanks!!
On another topic, Dave added another job description to his resume today (to borrow a phrase from my friend, Mary D). He's now an official goose wrangler!! He and about 15 other guys wrangled up around 300-400 Canadian geese from the parks today. The geese weren't hurt; they were shipped to a location about 60 miles away. We have such an over-abundance of Canadian geese that our parks are a health hazard...you can't walk anywhere without stepping in geese doo-doo!! This should help the problem for a little while anyway!

I haven't heard anything more about our friend, Diana. As of a couple of days ago, she was still in a coma, but was becoming more active moving her hands and feet, opening her eyes, etc. Please keep her in your prayers. The doctors have said that in the next 30 days or so, she could be fine and 20 seconds later be gone. They were able to repair the aneurysm, but now the blood has to train itself to go around the repair. She's a fighter - I hope she continues to fight! Her husband is one of those people who doesn't write checks or do the books, so he's completely lost. She waited on him hand and foot.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...