Friday, July 15, 2011

Good Friday!

I had a PEO meeting this morning and the guest speaker was....my hubby! Dave talked about Habitat for Humanity and did a wonderful job! Everyone was impressed. I brought home a bunch of the fruit that Christina dropped off at my house. We'll enjoy it! The strawberries and watermelon are wonderful...that's all I've tasted so far!

This afternoon, I started a new book - "In the Fall" by Jeffrey Lent. It's a good story line, but his writing style is cumbersome to say the least. The story takes place in Civil War times and is about a white soldier whose life is saved by a runaway slave. They eventually marry and the story takes us thru more than one generation if I read the synopsis correctly. I'm not that far yet...it's not easy reading.

Tonight as I am sitting here, I've had a bluebird landing on my window screen, looking at me. He's finally left, but he kept this up for about an hour and a half. I hope he didn't die outside my window. He's gorgeous! He first lands on this heart flower holder, then he flies at the window...
lands on the screen, and just looks at me! He does this every 5-10 seconds or so. I then went outside to see if he'd come up to me outside, but he didn't.
He's just the most beautiful color. He just keeps chirping at me like he's hungry or hot and wants in the house! I even stood at the window and it didn't scare him. Of course, there was glass in between us, but that's about all!

A little excitement for my evening!!

Tomorrow is our car show, so I'll be at Bridge View from 6:30 AM until about 4:00 PM. Fun, huh?! At least I'll be inside typing in results!! Poor Dave will be outside in the heat!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...