Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot Day #6

Enough already! I'm ready for this hot weather to go back down south! Actually, as soon as it's gone, I'll be complaining that summer is over - I'm NEVER satisfied 100%! I like 78-80 degrees and no humidity - then I'm really happy!

Today was a fun day. Five of my PEO ladies met five of Chapter OO's ladies in Fairfield at Yummy's for lunch. Just like the name says, the lunch was yummy!! The company was great also. All of us truly enjoyed ourselves visiting with other PEO sisters! I only knew two of the ladies very well; I knew a couple others by name only. I wouldn't have known who they were unless Sally introduced them to me. One of the ladies I didn't know at all! Here is a picture of all of us - good picture!! This will go into my next newsletter to Chapter HC! Hopefully we started a tradition that will continue for many years to come. Next year, we'll host them here in O-town!
I also wanted to share another card with you. This is one I made yesterday or the day before. I used 3 yellow inks and brayered the background - the inks were Yoho Yellow, Daffodil Delight, and something Curry (I'm having a senior moment - can't remember its name and I don't want to go upstairs and look right now!). Then I took a sponge with Chocolate Chip ink and just dabbed around the background to give it some dimension. After that I added some lace that I had, a sentiment from Stampin' Up and a Primo flower that started out all white. I simply sponged some of the yellows on it. I really like the effect. This is a card that is a little out of my comfort zone...I'm not really a yellow kind of person! I do, however, like this card. I think I'll try it in various shades of pink!


I forgot to tell you that I got up this morning, pulled open the blind and checked the bluebird feeder - all of the food was gone! I think our deer must like bluebird food!! I mean the tray was wiped clean!! Funny!

Tomorrow's a very busy day starting with a haircut at 8:15 AM - what was I thinking???

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...