Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot Day #7

Some people got rain last night and this morning - we got a few drops, not even .1 of an inch! It was really humid today which made it feel much warmer! At noon it was only 85, but it sure felt hotter than that.

I went to stamping club this morning and then ran errands afterwards. We made some really pretty cards all using the same background technique. For this first one, I used Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa and just smudged those colors on a background of white paper. Then the script in the background was stamped on with Not Quite Navy and the mesh was stamped with a blue from Distress Inks. When I was finished with that, I stamped the flower image in Versamark and heat embossed it with white SU embossing powder. I then mounted the finished image on both black and white cardstock before adhering it to an olive green cardstock.

With this one, I tried to just use Apricot Appeal and Barely Banana, but I couldn't handle those colors so I added some Certainly Celery to tone the other colors down a bit. The white image was applied in the same manner as above. I mounted this image on a kraft color of cardstock, then white, and then placed them on an olive green card blank. Last, I added the ribbon from Kaiser Craft.

This card is my absolute favorite! For this one, I used a blue with my Certainly Celery. I love it - it is really vibrant in real life. For a little bit of sparkle, I added peridot-colored "jewels" in the two corners. Thanks, Jan! Love this technique!!

I got to sew a little bit today too. I am about finished with the gray bookbags for church. Then I think I have 6 or 7 blue bags and I'll be done. I hope I get them done before we leave for Alaska! I heard it was 61 degrees in Seattle today - I wonder what it was in Vancouver and in Anchorage??

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...