Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hot Day #8...

It was another hot, humid day in the neighborhood! We got some thunder tonight, but no rain! We really need rain - I can't believe I'm actually saying that! The corn is curling big time, so we need some rain and some cooler days...not really cooler, like colder...just in the 80's instead of the 90's!

This morning I took a big step. I'm now going to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator! I love SU products and I'm a BIG customer, so why not be available to sell their products to others! I won't get my kit until I get back from Alaska, but I'm looking forward to getting started! In September, we're going to have a Stamp Camp type of day, where you'll make maybe 10 Christmas projects for a very low price. We haven't set the date yet, but be ready to get an invitation! I'll have more details later! In the meantime, today we made 5 cards in a 3-hour workshop. Here are 3 of them:

This first one uses the square punches as well as a 3-step flower punch (for the bows) . This designer paper is new and incorporates the new in-colors! Love the new in-colors! Those little black-dot-looking things just below the bows, are in reality little "diamonds"...just some bling! They don't scan very well!
This second card is really pretty in real life. The colors didn't scan as well as I thought they would. This paper is really vibrant! I'm not usually an orange and yellow gal, but I tried to step out of my comfort zone a bit today! I love the technique we used for the flower on this card. The flower petals are cut from a Sizzix die that SU carries exclusively. Then the petals are misted with alcohol and scrunched up. When you open them back up, they have texture! I also really like the way the sentiment is put on. In real life, the sentiment is furled like a real banner!
For this third card, we did a bunch of tearing of paper. I think my brown piece of paper looks a little like bib overalls!! It's really a pretty card in person. The colors are very rich!


I'll show you a couple more tomorrow night! For now, you'll just have to wait! Dave took time this morning to get his clothes all ready to go into his suitcase. I've still got to do that! I'll be done by Wednesday since we leave on Thursday! I don't want to get in too much of a hurry! I wonder if ships have hair dryers in their cabins? If they did, I wouldn't have to pack that at least! Everyone is telling us to dress in layers - are shorts and sweatshirts layers?? I might even pack some capris! I've been told you can buy sweatshirts really cheap up there so I'm not going to worry too much. Dave even went to Target and bought himself a little cheap rain jacket - he's way too prepared!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...