Sunday, July 17, 2011

Waterloo Trip

We went to church this morning and then left immediately after for Waterloo...well, not exactly immediately! We came home and changed into shorts first! It was definitely too hot today to wear anything but shorts! Yesterday my car read 98 and today it only read 94 though. I told Dave it was because we were in northern Iowa!

When we were Dysart, we saw all the damage from the straight-line winds last week. It looked a lot like a war zone for about 10 miles. At least the corn and beans have pretty much popped up in the heat. There are many, many outbuildings and trees that are completely down or at least damaged. We went by two hog confinements where there was only debris...no buildings any more. For the most part, the houses were relatively unscathed. There were about two houses - one at the south end of the swath and one at the north end of the swath - both of which had roof damage. We think the one new brick house that was damaged maybe had a bin or tree hit it because other than right in the middle of the roof, there was no more damage - not even any shingles off of it. It was really bad.

My bluebird was back again this evening (and this morning before church). I'm wondering if he's hungry, so I'm going to buy him some meal worms tomorrow. We put some fruit out for him today, but I don't think he wanted that. I'm glad he's here - he's sure fun to watch!

I've got a dentist appointment in the morning. I have a loose filling - yuck!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...