Sunday, August 21, 2011

Good Sunday for...

a cruise! After church, we took the '56 Chevy and drove to Attica, Iowa, just to eat lunch at Kin Folks Eatin' Place. Great barbeque! We both had brisket and potato salad today (they make the BEST potato salad!!) Dave had baked beans (which are more like pinto beans) and I had watermelon for my other side. They also make homemade ice cream, but believe it or not, we were too full for ice cream :(!! We even drove home thru Albia where my favorite hot-fudge-sundae place is, but again we were too full! I wish I had a dish of ice cream right now, though!! We neither one wanted supper!

Church was good! Pastor Sara preached today. It's always a joy to see her! She talked about the women who were instrumental in Moses' life - the midwives who refused to follow the Pharoah's orders to kill all of the male children, Miriam his sister, Moses' mother, and the Pharoah's daughter who found him and wanted to keep him. Good job, Sara! I really like it when we have visuals so we can really "see" the story!!

I've had fun watching the hummingbirds this evening. We stopped at Earle May on our way out of O-town this afternoon and bought another hummingbird feeder. Since we've got one male that is very aggressive, we thought we'd trick him! Joke's on us!! He was possessive of BOTH the feeders!! This evening we've had 6 hummers playing war!! What a delight!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...