Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Beautiful Fall Day!

Today was another beautiful fall day...not too hot and not too cold! Tomorrow's supposed to be even nicer from what I've heard!!

I had a bunch of things to do today and I got them all done...anyway as far as I could! The records department was closed today, so I wasn't able to get Dave's records from Dr. Paluska's office. I called IHCC, the Country Club, and Bridge View to get quotes for our upcoming PEO reciprocity event, but BV didn't call me back and IHCC couldn't accommodate us, so I don't have any comparisons at this point. I have to make a decision tomorrow, so I hope BV calls me in the morning.

I was also able to get all the card parts sorted from last Thursday's camp camp. I have packets made up for Sunday's event now. Hopefully we'll have 8-10 attend on Sunday. I know I'm going to be tired after our class reunion events, but I get energized making cards and showing people how they can do it too! Speaking of cards, here are four of the cards we made Thursday. I don't have the 5th one, I guess. Juliene must have it yet! I'm going thru the supplies needed for each of the cards and putting each card's "stuff" in a separate bag. I think it'll make us far more organized! Since the stamp camp is here at my house, it won't be as hard to be organized anyway!

This card is just beautiful in real life. I used Autumn Splendor stamps and embossed them with clear embossing powder, over a colored background. Then after embossing, I sponged Chocolate Chip ink over all of the leaves, which just makes them pop!
Probably the easiest card we did was this one. All you do is stamp 2 of the ornaments, punch one of them out and mount it on the whisper white background. Then you cut a 1" circle out of the second stamped ornament and mount it with dimensionals over the first one. I then drew a "cord" with Basic Black marker, added a Cherry Cobbler bow, and mounted it all on a Cherry Cobbler card blank. Beautiful!

This card is made with Real Red, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White card stock. The "Joy" is embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, and the snowflakes are from glossy paper.
I thought this card was way harder than it looks. I used Lucky Limeade for the backing, along with Real Red and Whisper White cardstock. The Petite Silhouette stamps are inked with Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Real Red markers. The bow is made from Lucky Limeade ribbon.
The fifth card is made with Day of Gratitude and is really an easy card to do. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime soon! Tomorrow I've got to work on getting our samples ready for October 13th stamp camp. Juliene, we need to talk!!

Today, I received good news. You know I've been telling you we're singing Vivaldi's "Gloria" Sunday - all 60 pages of it. Well, because Becky couldn't get the orchestra members to commit to the date, it's been postponed until Feb. 19th...what a shame, I'll still be in Florida!! This, however, gives us lots more time to work on the piece, so I'll still be practicing it even though I won't be performing it!

On another note, I haven't seen any hummingbirds for two days. I guess that means they're headed south. I'll leave my feeders up, though, just in case there are some stragglers coming through our area! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...