Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun Friday!

I had a fun day today. I got to play with some of my new stamp sets and papers, plus I got to see an old friend that I hadn't seen for a very long time. My friend lives in Australia and doesn't come back to the US very often because she's lived in Australia since about 1969 and that's her home now. She and I used to go out for lunch in high school - we really have a wonderful time growing up at good old FHS!! Here we are enjoying a laugh today at Pizza Ranch in Fairfield. It's sort of a tradition that when a high school friend comes back to the area, Sudi tries to get as many people together for lunch as she can. Thanks for doing that, Sudi!!


I also wanted to show you my little friend...this little one visits with me just about every day. This is the same little hummer that was taking the shower the other day. In fact, this picture was taken just before it started raining. I've got about 100 pictures of her (or it could be a juvenile male, but I'm pretty sure it's a female!) She's just soooo little and so cute!
Here's a picture of another "critter" in our front yard...a locust or cicada, whichever you want to call it! This particular tree has about 30 of their empty shells on it...that we could see. I'm sure there are even more farther up in the tree. My brother used to chase me with these things when we were young. I still don't want to get very close to them!! Yuck!Tomorrow is going to also be a fun day - hopefully. The Art Walk is in downtown Ottumwa tomorrow from 10-4:00 - 65 vendors this year. Last year the weather was perfect and the artwork was fantastic. Hopefully the weather cooperates this year too. Then tomorrow night it's Cyclone football!!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...