Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Memorable Day

It was another perfect day weatherwise in SE Iowa! I got to Sudi's a little before 9:00 ready to work at her fabric sale. Unfortunately there weren't many customers this morning. I left about 11:30 and I surely hope there were more customers after I left. Hopefully next weekend will be big for her!

I left early because I wanted to watch my Cyclones play the Hawks. I watched the Cyclones' first offensive series at Sudi's where we marched the ball down the field pretty easily. Then, as usual, we did something stupid...a bad snap with the line of scrimmage on the 7 yard line. So, the Hawks scored a touchdown on our turnover. Then we start moving the ball again - turnover. Hawks score 3. Pretty soon we score a TD and a field goal so at half it was 10-10...I was beginning to hope at that point! Turned out that it was really a fans' game and we WON in 3 overtimes - 44-41! Wow! Guess what - the Cubs won too!

Now I'm watching NASCAR and to make this a perfect day, Jeff Gordon would win...but I don'[t believe that's going to happen. He won last week and it's pretty hard to win two in a row! He's in 6th right now though... Tonight is a short track race and I don't particularly like short-track racing, so I'm not paying a whole lot of attention.

Tomorrow I have choir practice at 8:45 AM and then church at 9:30. Dave should be home tomorrow evening - yay!! Maybe I'll be creative tomorrow afternoon while I'm waiting for him to get home! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...