Sunday, October 30, 2011

Great Sunday

I was wrong...today was not Stewardship Sunday, so we didn't hear about money...that's next Sunday!! Today was Reformation Sunday, so we heard about Martin Luther and his efforts to reform the church. We need to change in order to stay vibrant and to attract new members, or we'll become like the OLD churches...still beautiful church buildings but only about 10-15 people attending!

This afternoon, Juliene and I went to Fairfield for a 10-10-10 party (make 10 cards, 10 minutes each, for $10). First of all, let me tell you that it took us more than 10 minutes per card!! The party started at 2:00 and we left there at 6:00, AND we neither one cut out the flowers that were to go on one card!! They are really cool cards, however, so we're glad we went!!

Tomorrow's another busy day. I have Bible Reading Time in the morning and an appointment with Dr. Hill in the afternoon. Sometime in between or after or something, I need to buy some Halloween candy for the little ghosts and goblins tomorrow night. We never have many, but we do have some little kids in the 'hood now, so I'd better be prepared! I also need to go to WalMart, but I doubt I'll get that done tomorrow.

We're planning to go to Ames for the ballgame this weekend, so I need to get tickets and rooms! I've got to get off this computer and get some things done!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...