Friday, October 28, 2011

Is this Friday or Saturday??

I'm so confused on what day of the week it is! Dave has taken Thursday and Friday off to work on the Habitat house. The kids from Wartburg are here working, so he wanted to be there with them telling them what jobs to do. So, since Dave works Habitat on Saturday only...I've had 2 Saturdays this week!!

Today I got to go to stamp club. We worked on stencils today, which is something I've only done once...and I found out I did that all wrong!! So now, I'll try stenciling again - now that I know what I'm doing. There's just so much you can do with these stemcils. Today we not only added dimension to them by adding a gesso-type material, we also added glitter AND just pigment color to them, using a piece of fabric screen to add dimension. Very interesting techniques. I must say that our three projects are really nice. I'm anxious to make them into cards. When I get that done, I'll get them scanned so you can see them!

This evening, I went with Dave to have dinner with the group from Wartburg. Our friend, Larry, made his famous cream-can dinner! The kids seemed to really like it. This year, we had biology majors, education majors, an art major, and a couple of bio-chem majors. One of the biology majors is from Nigeria and the rest of the students were from Iowa. Fun evening!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...