Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Long, long day!

It's been a really long day. I had to be in Fairfield at 7:30 this morning for an MRI on my knee. Thank goodness it was my knee, because that MRI tube is really small around! I almost got claustrophobic even with my head and shoulders out of it. Anyway, I got that done and then I just had to wait for the results...so we came back to O-town. Loren's funeral was at 10:00. What a beautiful service...it's so nice when the officiant (in this case their minister) actually knows the deceased. She really did a great job "remembering" Loren! It was obvious that she knew him well! Today was his Loren's birthday...he would have been 85. Dave and I both went to the funeral and then I dropped Dave off so he could go to work while I went to the cemetery and to the luncheon. I'm glad I went to both. Craig and Sue were both very appreciative, but understood Dave's need to be at work.

About 4:00 this afternoon I called the Dr's office again (I'd called about 2:00 and they didn't have the results of my MRI yet). This time Dr. Hill's nurse told me there was no fracture, just arthritis and fluid buildup in the joint. I was pretty much shocked. I hung up and within a minute or two the phone rang. It was his nurse again...she told me that she had given me results of the xray, the MRI results weren't there yet. In the meantime, she had called for the results of the MRI and found out that I have a partial tear of the medial meniscus. When Dave found out, he called Dr. Steve and my surgery is scheduled for Nov. 15th. I guess we won't be going to Florida on Nov. 10th after all! I've got to call his office in the morning and get all the details worked out as far as time, etc. We'll go to Storm Lake on the 14th and stay with Steve then surgery the next day...hopefully very early in the morning. He may make us stay overnight on the 15th and then home on the 16th. I wish he was going to be in Iowa sooner, but he just left for Texas and the 15th is the earliest he can do the surgery. I guess I should have done this 2 months ago...I'd be healed by now! Hindsight is 20-20!!!

More later...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...