Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gorgeous Day!

Today was a gorgeous day!! It was supposed to be in the 70's today and I'm sure it got there! Tomorrow, however, is another story...rain, a high in the low 50's AND possibly rain mixed with snow - yuck!! I'm glad I got outside to enjoy the day today! Poor Kaylee's soccer team plays tomorrow night in Waverly. So, you know if it's going to be that bad here, it'll be even worse in Waverly because it's so far north of here!

I was able to get our motel room and tickets for the Letterwinners' events this weekend, including the game. Right now the forecast is calling for 60 and cloudy. That won't be so bad to sit out in, although I think I heard that it's to be very windy too!

I got some of the cards we made on Sunday afternoon scanned today - I used my new scanner! It's lots faster than my old one!! This first card is one of my favorites. First of all I love this stamp set and I really like the blues she used. They are new in colors, both of them. The little round thing on the left of the card is a shaker...you shake the card and the snowflakes (mica) are loose in there. Cool! All products in all of these cards are from Stampin' Up!!
This is the only card that I got done in less than 10 minutes. That's because it comes basically as it appears - without the sentiment. You stamp the sentiment on the little label and stick it on with dimensionals. Viola! You have a card. It's truly that simple!
This last card is done with a background of More Mustard. The Garden Green and the Early Expresso are layered behind the designer paper squares which have been corner-rounded on two sides. The squares are made with the 1 1/4" and 1" punches. The flowers are made with the Boho Blossoms punch, I believe, and are fastened together with a brad. The sentiment is from Day of Gratitude. Love this card!!
I went to give blood today and, since I'm having surgery soon, they wouldn't take my donation. So now I'm scheduled to give blood on 12/27 when I'm back for Christmas. I did, however, get my flu shot...and you know what, this shot hasn't hurt at all! That's a first because usually flu shots make my arm hot and achy!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...