Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Such a Change!!

Wow!! What a change in weather!! Yesterday it was in the 70's and right now it's 39 degrees, raining buckets and buckets, and the wind is really howling! Unfortunately, the "S" word is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow...hopefully, little or no accumulation! I took these pictures yesterday and am I ever glad! The leaves were falling rapidly today! These are pictures of the maple tree in our front yard. It has been simply beautiful this year...usually it loses its leaves early, but not this year! Yesterday the sun was shining on it just right - the leaves looked almost transparent. While I was out taking pictures, I took a couple of shots of the last blooms of summer/fall! The mums around town are fantastic - huge mounds of delicious color!

Isn't this next one a fantastic shot - love the way the sun is shining on the leaves!!

This little bee was just working away!!

Today was a great day to stay inside. I even made autumn stew today! I'm trying to clean out the refrigerator. If I get it all used up, Dave'll have no choice but to take me out to eat, right???
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...