Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pretty Day

It was another pretty day here...a little chilly, but abundant sunshine!! Can't complain about that!!

I had errands to run this morning. I got them done and then called a friend and we took off for Cantril. It was a beautiful day for a drive! I was able to get everything I wanted except for a beef roast - I didn't like the looks of theirs. I got my popcorn to take to Florida with us and, of course, some chocolate for the next few days!! Coming home, I drove Mary through Libertyville and past the house where we grew up. Then I came back to O-town through Batavia. It was just a day for a drive! For some reason the Amish kids weren't in school today...there were no boots outside on the front porch and no one inside the school. There were 3 buggy-types at the school, but no horses. I wonder why they wouldn't have school today? We only saw 1 horse/buggy on the road too...and it was driven by a young boy, probably 12-13 years old. Odd...

Tomorrow Don (Dave's twin brother) is coming from Indiana. His wife is going shopping with some of the cousins (a ladies weekend) so Don's coming here. He and Dave are going to work at the Habitat house on Saturday. Tomorrow I've got to dust and run the vacuum. I sure wish I still had my cleaning lady!! Dave is finished working at Golden Furrow (for the winter) so he will help.

I talked to Bob & Ann today. Since they're already in Florida it really made me wish I was there too. It won't be long now, hopefully! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...