Thursday, December 22, 2011

Back in Iowa

Yes, we're back home in cold, windy, gray and brown, Iowa!!  Sounds awful, doesn't it?  It's not all bad!  It was 31 when we landed and 27 as we left Des Moines, all with a stiff wind from the north-northwest...yuck!  Tonight the wind has gone down, so it's not quite as bad as it was.

After we got home and looked in the refrigerator, we determined that Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard was bare, so Dave said, "Let's go get a tenderloin."  We went to the Recovery Room and one of their wonderful tenderloins and fries!!  Actually we each had 1/2 of a tenderloin, so guess what tomorrow's lunch is???  We came home from there and I took a nap...a 6 hour one!!!  I was pooped.  Dave was sick in the night last night, so I didn't sleep well either.  It was only 45 in our house when we got home, but it warmed up nicely while we were at the Recovery Room.  Our Tempurpedic bed was like a cement block, but when I laid down on it, I fell asleep almost immediately!!  While I napped, Dave got groceries.  Then later this afternoon, Rhonda and her family arrived from Texas.  Since they were here, we all went to the Club for supper.  It was good to see them and Cheyenne has gotten so tall!  She's 11 and a half now, and has really shot up this past year.  It was a busy night at the Club...got to see several people and wish them a Merry Christmas!

It's good to be home.  Tomorrow we've got to wrap packages and put up a tree!  As for now, it's bedtime again, so I'm going to get the flannels out and see you tomorrow.  More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...