Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Going home!!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we're headed to the airport for our flight back to Des Moines.  We should arrive in DSM about 10:00 AM, give or take a few minutes.  I'm ready to go home, ready for Christmas, ready to see my family!  I finally got my Christmas cards out this afternoon and even got a few addressed to some of our neighbors down here.  I don't send out nearly as many as we used to, so if you don't get one from us, don't feel bad.  Mostly we send just to friends and relatives we don't see but maybe once a year. 

We had a nice surprise this morning.  Affordable Aluminum called to tell us that they were coming to put the vinyl windows in our lanai.  So, after coffee, we got busy cleaning up the lanai.  I also cleaned and vacuumed inside too.  At 11:45 I took Ron & Marsha to the airport.  Dave stayed here just in case AA came early...they didn't!  They showed up about 1:30 or so and were done by about 4:30.  OUR LANAI LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!  Love the windows, and especially like the door!  Merry Christmas to us!!  We took down the Christmas tree and put up the lighted palm tree, so when we get back down here we won't have but the front decorations to put away. 

Tonight, we're all packed and ready to go.  It's a little weird not packing any clothes.  I had a couple of Christmas presents to take home, plus some paperwork and some stuff we no longer need down here, like my Christmas stamp sets.  We should have some relatively empty suitcases when we return to Florida. 

That's it for tonight...more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...