Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

This was another beautiful day!!  A "cold front" came through last night, though, so it was a little colder than it has been!  Now their cold fronts are nothing like the cold fronts that come through Iowa!!  In the cold fronts down here, it drops to the 50's over night and is 69 during the day!!  Actually it was 70 this afternoon, but it's been in the high 70's most of the time since we've been here! 

We went to church at Hope Presbyterian again today.  It was much better today...the kids had the program.  It was a cute story of Christ's birth.  It was from the viewpoint of the animals in the stable.  Cute!  Two or three of the kids had singing solos and all of them spoke.  After church we went to Walmart to get a few things.  Since my leg has been hurting so much, I was either going to stay in the car while Dave shopped, or try out one of those motorized shopping carts.  I chose the second option!  Once I figured out how to run the thing, it was a pretty good way to get around that store...plus, my knee didn't hurt from all the walking!  Betty, from here at the Ranch, came up behind me and asked me if I wanted to race - she was on a cart too! 

This evening, we had our baked potato dinner at the Ranch.  For $4, you got a HUGE potato and you could have any of several toppings - cheese, cooked onions, mushrooms, broccoli, chili, sausage gravy, salsa, chives, bacon bits - you get the picture!  Then for dessert there was chocolate - someone had put out assorted chocolates!  There was also fruit cups (left over from breakfast yesterday).  It was very good! 

Tomorrow we've got a few more things to do around here and I've got to get my Christmas cards out.  I wrote the letter today and printed the labels.  I just have to put it all together tomorrow!  Plus, I want to clean up the lanai a bit.  It's gotten kind of messy out there!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...