Monday, December 19, 2011

T-2

It's now T-2 and counting until we fly out to go home for Christmas.  We'll sure miss this wonderful weather.  We're sitting here with most of the windows open - it's just gorgeous - 66 degrees at 9:00 at night! 

Today we worked around here again.  I worked on Christmas cards and cleaned the shower and sinks in the bathroom.  I also rode my bike quite a ways today.  We had some excitement in the 'hood today.  The mobile home 2 doors down is being demolished, so we had a backhoe making lots of noise.  They got it half torn down...I'm sure they'll do the other half tomorrow.  Dave worked outside most of the day.  He moved a parlor palm, sprayed for bugs, sprayed for weeds, raked, transplanted two amaryllis and put down a bunch of mulch!  Oh, he also oiled our bikes, added baskets and a rear light to his.  I wonder what he'll find to do tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, we've got bowling and bingo!!  Plus, I'm having a pedi at 1:00.  I plan to try to bowl again...  Also speaking of tomorrow, it's December 20th...that means my big brother has a birthday!  Happy birthday, Bob!  Hope you sell a BIG diamond on your special day!! 

Something else that is very interesting happened today.  Dave was talking to the lady who lives on the other side of the house being demolished.  She asked him a second time what his name was...it seems her maiden name was Freshour and she's from Indiana!  Strange, huh??  Maury has always said that part of the family became Freshours and part Frushours when they got to Ellis Island. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...