Monday, January 30, 2012

Adventures!!

We had adventures today!!  This morning we went to the bowling alley to get some instruction from a teacher.  As it turns out he was a little guy who looked enough like Dick Dutton to be his long lost twin.  He was a pretty good instructor!!  My first two balls with him helping me (?) were strikes - ha!!  I used to do that with golf too...whenever Julie was around, I hit the ball perfectly - long and straight!!  When she went to work with someone else, I'd lift my head or miss the ball entirely!!  He worked with Dave a great deal - our instruction period was 2 hours!!  He put two of us on one lane and the other two students on the next lane.  They didn't get as much instruction as we did because this was our first week!!  The other two people had been there before so they were old-timers!  We'll see how well we do tomorrow - if we can remember everything he told us to work on!!

We came home about noon and grabbed a sandwich.  Sudi & Howard came over about 1:00 and we went to Tampa to the electric power plant to see the manatees that gather there in the warm water.  We saw a lot of manatees...the ones out farthest away from us were playing - they just kept coming to the surface and then going down into the water - kind of like whales.  The ones that were closer to us just kind of hung out with their backs out of the water!  Then a cow and calf came under the observation deck, followed by another younger manatee.  Pretty cool to see them that close!  We also saw snook, mullets, tarpon, and a bottle nosed shark (I didn't see it, but Dave did).  Great adventure!  Thanks for sharing it with us, S & H!!

Tonight I played 7s from Hell - albeit not very well.  That Ann is the luckiest card player!  She gets the best cards dealt to her!! 

I looked at the temperature in O-town today - it was 65 there and 74 here!  Pretty amazing for Jan. 30th!!  Even now it's 57 there and 66 here!! 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...