Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another gorgeous day!

We've been pretty lucky the last few days.  They've predicted rain, but we haven't gotten any.  I think we probably will tonight, though, because it's supposed to cool off for the next week or so.  I hope it doesn't rain too much.  When I mowed yesterday, I sometimes was mowing through puddles!

We went to church today where Pastor David is continuing his series on the book of Esther.  This is an extremely interesting story.  One would wonder why this book was even included in the Bible since the word God (or Lord, or Jesus, etc.) is not used even once.  You see God's hand in the stories, but nothing is directly mentioned.  I'm sure this fact is why scholars have debated for years whether or not to include Esther in the Bible.  I'm sure glad they did...it's a great story.  Read it sometime!!  I even stayed for Sunday School.  We're discussing the sermon each week - very interesting.  We had 20 people today!!

Habitat for Humanity dedicated their 12th house today, so Dave was gone most of the afternoon.  It was good - I got a bunch done!  I DID, however, keep one eye on the race.  Poor Jeff Gordon - he's having the worst luck this year.  There was a huge wreck - he went to the bottom of the track and missed all of the crashes, but one of the cars careened off the wall right into him.  Damage was so bad, he had to leave the track.  He said in his interview that it's almost comical now (the way his season is going).

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...