Saturday, May 12, 2012

Great Day

Dave scouted fields all day, so I was left on my own...again.  I had a great day, though.  I heard an oriole outside, so I rushed to the window and watched a female oriole eating the orange I'd put out.  She was beautiful, too.  I think that might be the first female oriole I've ever seen.  My hummingbirds were just buzzing around like bumblebees, too!  While I was outside, there was an Eastern Bluebird sitting on our lamppost.  Lots of bird watching today!  Dave calls our birds pigs because they eat up all the food so fast - they're little gluttons.

I forgot to tell you this.  Yesterday when I was mowing, a baby woodpecker fell out of the tree right beside me.  It was big enough to be out of the nest, but it's wings weren't working quite right yet.  I slowed down to make sure I didn't mow over it.  He hopped back to the tree trunk and scurried up it.  Next time I came around, he fell out again...same thing, back up the trunk he went.  This happened a third time before he figured out that I wasn't going to hurt him!  It was really cute watching him walk up that tree trunk!

Right now I'm watching NASCAR.  Jimmie Johnson is probably going to win.  He's ahead with 2 laps to go, but he doesn't have but minimum fuel.  Sure hope he doesn't run out.  Mr. Hendrick will win his 200th career Sprint Cup!  Jimmie did win.  I really am not a Jimmie Johnson fan.  I'd rather Jeff Gordon would win, but he had 3 flat left tires in a row...so he was in 35th or something like that.  Oh well, there's always another race!

Tomorrow's another Sunday.  We're going to church and then to lunch.  We're hoping to get the 56 Chevy out in the afternoon and take a little cruise over to Albia for a hot fudge sundae!  Mmmmm - can't wait.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...