Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

What a beautiful day today was.  As far as I'm concerned, it was just about perfect.  Beautiful with abundant sunshine and low humidity - definitely my kind of day!

Both kids called me to wish me Happy Mother's Day...plus, I got to talk to my grandson, too.  He's 4, but when he got on the phone, he said, "Happy Mother's Day!" without any prompting from Jami!  He's a pretty cool little guy!!

At church today, we sang a song that was fantastic - and we did a good job singing it!!  It was "There's a Sunday Coming Soon" or something like that.  Next week is Worship in Music Sunday - should be good!  We'd love to have you come worship with us - 9:30 at First Presbyterian in Ottumwa!

I have some pictures I want to share tonight!  Here's one of my little hummers - isn't she cute?

I went out yesterday to try to find the baby woodpecker that fell out of the tree while I was mowing and this is what I saw.  Do you suppose this is from deer antlers?  That's all I can figure it might be.  The little bit of white in it is all I could find of the baby woodpecker - ha!!
Here is a close up of one of my iris.  The iris and the peonies have just been gorgeous this year!!
I don't think I've shown you this beautiful hibiscus before.  If I have, chalk it up to TMOA (too much old age).  We saw this hibiscus at Bubba Gump's in St. Pete one evening when we had gone to Hooters for dinner.  I can't believe the color in it.  I've never seen one like it before!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...