Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hmmmmm...

I wonder why my post didn't publish last night?  When I just now opened it, the post was still on the screen.  I did it last night...sorry, don't know what happened.  So now for tonight's post...I made another list today...and I got almost the entire list done!  I filed for most of the day because not only did I have 5 months worth of filing, but I also pulled out all of my old papers and shredded them.  Then I started cleaning out files of booklets (like you get when you buy appliances, etc.)  Obviously we didn't have some of the merchandise any more, but we still had the books, by George.  I asked Dave to go through all of those and throw away what we didn't need any more.  That was a huge load!!  I also went through my cookbooks and culled out ones I'm not emotionally attached to...those will go in our garage sale.

I cancelled an appointment for tomorrow which I didn't need and I got all of our check copies filed in numerical order!  Whew!!  I'm also about half done fixing up the order forms for the SU orders I turned in on Monday.  These are much neater than my scribbles that I wrote when I got phone calls for the orders.  Now my customers can actually read them!!  I should be able to finish those tomorrow AND finish up cleaning out the rest of the files in the file cabinet.

After the rain, I took some pictures.  Mr. Cardinal was making lots of clicking noises, so I assumed he wanted his picture taken.  I wish they weren't so shy.  They are beautiful birds, but they just don't want to be around people...or other birds for that matter.  Notice the raindrops on the grass?  This picture is taken through my window screen, so it's not as clear as I'd like.

This is a picture of one of my irises.  I got this one from my mom's garden when she moved.  Bob & Ann had it at their house, so I got a start off of theirs.  I've also got a 2-toned dark purple one that I need to get a picture of.
This little fellow (or one just like him) has been flitting around for a  few days now.  He finally landed on the kitchen window, so I ran to get the camera.  He had left, so I put the camera down...back he came.  When I went outside, he closed his wings, so I had to practice some patience to get him.  I love the little knobs on the end of his antennae!!  I don't know what kind he is; I'll have to look him up.
That's all for now.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...