Thursday, May 24, 2012

Speedy Peg

I didn't know I could move so fast!  This morning, at 8:10, I called my doctor's office to see if I could get in sometime today.  I could see a PA at 9:00 - yay!!  Oh, wait, I haven't showered yet!  I'm pretty sure I can make it pretty close to 9:00 and I don't want to turn down that appointment.  So I jump in the shower, put some mousse in my hair, brush my teeth, put on my clothes, pick up my phone and purse and I'm out the door. I've got a 30 minute drive to the doctor's office and I was there with 5 minutes to spare!!  When I got in to see the PA, I had a fever and a very sore throat.  He said he wouldn't waste my money by doing a throat culture; we would just assume I had strep!  I was out of his office, paid my deductible, and was back in my car by 9:15 AM!!  I took my first antibiotic at noon.  Now I've had two and I already feel better!!  I'm still running a fever, but my throat isn't as sore and I am not as hoarse as I was!  Hooray for meds!!

We finally broke down and turned on the air this evening.  It was so dusty out, that we both thought we'd feel better by having the air on.  Maybe I'll sleep better tonight.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...