Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hotter Yet

I didn't think I could get any hotter, but I was lots hotter today!  We went to Lone Tree to watch Allison's team play in the Y Tournament at the end of their season.  Their first game was originally scheduled to start at 10:00, but was moved back to 11:00 and then got moved back to 12:30...the heat of the day.  I drove so I had my tent and thank goodness for that!  At least we didn't sit in the boiling sun this afternoon.  Unfortunately it wasn't a good day for the Tigers.  They lost their first game to Lone Tree.  That was their first loss of the season.  Allison pitched well, but one of the girls made a couple of throwing errors and that didn't help anything.  Plus all season long, no pitcher could pitch more than 3 innings...Lone Tree's #1 pitcher came out to pitch the 4th inning.  When our coaches protested, they said our coaches needed to read their emails about the tournament.  Well, funny thing, none of our coaches got the emails.  Lone Tree's 2nd pitcher was really bad, whereas their first pitcher was very good.

We then had to play again immediately following our first game for 3rd place.  This time we played Riverside and we beat them.  After the game, Riverside protested saying that we played someone who hadn't been on our roster all year.  We didn't and they had to back down.  I guess hot weather brings out hot tempers!  It really wasn't a pleasant experience.  Regardless our girls got 3rd and that's pretty good!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...