Saturday, June 23, 2012

Softball and Superman!

This morning I got up way early (for me) and went to Burlington to watch Allison play ball.   She pitched really well.  Her mom said, "One bad pitch," after the game.  They got beat 2-0.  Their pitcher was all of 5'10" and she's on a 10 & under team...hmmmm???  She can actually be 11, but no older than that.  She's the one that got a hit off of Allison.  That was probably the best this team had played.  They just couldn't any of them hit.  It wasn't that this tall girl was such a good pitcher, cause she wasn't...I think they were intimidated because she was so tall.

After the game, it was 10:30 and we had to go eat.  That's not an easy task if you don't want to eat fast food.  The girls had to be back at noon and most restaurants weren't open until 11:00.  We ended up going to Perkins, where everyone was!!  (There was a soccer tournament in town also.)  This place was packed!  It took us until 5 minutes til 12:00 to get seated, get our food, and get it eaten!!  I got them back to the ballpark just in time!!  Then I came home.

This evening Dave and I had popcorn for supper and watched part of the first season of Lois & Clark.  Great series...too bad there's not something fun like that now.  It was also really nice that we got some rain tonight!  We need it badly!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...