Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday

You know, when you do something like this - writing a blog - you realize just how fast time goes flying by.  You also realize that you don't do much!!!!  (I'm sitting here giggling at myself and my inane chatter!)

Today was a really hot one!  I went outside to put fresh water in the bird bath and to water my plants and it was all I could do to get my breath!  Right now it's 87 here in the tropics of Iowa and only 79 in Clearwater (82 in Fort Lauderdale).  There's something just not right about that!  Oh well, we'll take it!  The corn loves this hot, muggy weather!  The old adage says that corn should be "knee high by the 4th of July."  This year, the corn is above our heads and tasseled by the 28th of June!!  It's just amazing.  I would say that over 50% of the corn we see (driving back and forth to Washington and points east) is already tasseled.  The rest is about knee high!  That would be the corn they had to replant!

I made some cards today, but I can't show them to you because we'll probably be doing one of them at our stamping class on July 9th.  I'm very happy with them.  I did one, and then I did another one basically like it, but I stepped it up...added ribbon and texture.  I liked the first one, but I really like the second one!!

I forgot to tell you yesterday, that I heard the first locust.  While I was out watering today, the locust shell was on one of my iris leaves.  Yuck!  I have horrific memories of Bob chasing me with those locust (cicada) and with their shells.  No wonder I've never liked creepy-crawlies!  I was traumatized as a child!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...