Wednesday, July 4, 2012

America the Beautiful!

We saw some beautiful countryside today.  We decided to go to the Dutchman's Store in Cantril today.  They had peaches for $.99/pound and various other things, too.  So we took off about 10:00.  Beautiful crops between here and there!  We got some bargains and a couple of things we really didn't need...just wanted!  When we left Cantril, we went out the east way and there was a camel....AND a baby camel!  Now that's something you don't see every day!  I had my camera with me, but I hadn't checked the battery and it didn't have enough juice to take any pictures!  We also saw shocks of oats and a big straw pile...and a young man raking hay with a team of draft horses.  I wanted to drive through Drakesville, so we went that way home.  The Amish down around Drakesville are prospering evidently...there are several new businesses, and everyone was open today.  It was a good day for a Sunday drive...on a Wednesday!

When we got home, we had our lunch and just enjoyed being with each other.  About 4:30 we made homemade ice cream.  Just as it got done, some of our church friends pulled into the driveway, so we shared with them.  I didn't like the ice cream very well.  It was a mix from The Dutchman's, called vanilla bean.  I would rather just have my mom's cooked pudding vanilla.  I thought this was a little overwhelming with vanilla.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day!  We sure did!!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...