Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, Monday

Yet again, it's hotter here than in Largo, Florida!  Dave's saying we may go to Florida around the middle of October.  It'll probably still be in the 90's here!!  They've been having rain there - almost daily!  Hopefully everything is lush and beautiful!

I got a lot of changes made today.  I hadn't changed my email address a lot of places, so that was what I worked on today.  Now I suppose I'll start getting junk email again.  It's been kind of nice just getting fewer than 10 emails a day most days!!

I also worked on cutting out paper for my cards for our next card class.  I've got one of them just about done, but I need to wait for my order to get here to cut out the second one.  I'm about out of Whisper White cardstock!!

Speaking of cards, here are a couple cards that we did at the last classes.  This first one is an origami fold tree.  After it was folded and put together, I ran it through the Lattice embossing folder to flatten it.  The designer paper is Be of Good Cheer from the annual catalog...both the tree and the background!  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs and the "star" is from Snow Swirled.  I used Cherry Cobbler ink and cardstock.

We didn't actually do this card, but this was a sample I made up before I did the card below it.  On these cards on the bottom part opens and that's where you can write your note.  The first card is made with Summer Smooches designer paper and Rich Razzleberry cardstock.  The sentiment is from Perfect Punches.  The white flower is not from Stampin' Up.
This is the card we actually did in class.  I used Comfort Cafe designer paper and Day of Gratitude stamps. The base color is Cajun Craze and the ink is Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze and Old Olive.  I'm not a blue fan, but I really like Midnight Muse.  Again, just the light blue part opens for your message.
One of our Christmas cards in June was this card.  I used a mask and sponges to color the rectangle.  It's done with Baja Breeze and a touch of Midnight Muse for highlights.  Then I stamped Snow Swirled snowflakes in Basic Black and used a Basic Black marker to draw the lines around the rectangle.  I know you can't see it very well, but each snowflake has a touch of Dazzling Details for a little sparkle.  I really, really like this card.  It's very easy to do and looks good either upright or sideways - just move the sentiment!!

I hope you enjoyed my cards today!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...