Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday in the 'Hood

Whooeee!  It's hot out there tonight!  It's still reading 81 degrees at 9:30 and the humidity is very high.  You get wet just walking outside!

Dave worked at the Habitat house today.  They have installed a small A/C unit so they don't cook!  He came home early, though.  We needed to go to the Club for a wedding reception.  So I made a cool wedding card and off we went.  There was a little girl there whose name was Khloe - she's 3 - and she adopted me!  I have no idea why, but she latched onto me and wouldn't let go.  Maybe it was because when I first saw her, I helped her get chocolate on a piece of cantaloupe (from a chocolate fountain)!!  Then we ate little fish (those little "goldfish" in a bag) together AND purple M&M's.  We talked about fingernails and toenails and shoes and eating - she's always hungry, but she's not chubby even - she moves too fast!  She was a hoot!  She had one dark brown eye and one blue eye!!  Very unique.  

Here's a picture of the card I made.  As usual, it is completely made with Stampin' Up products.  You can't see it in the picture, but the white paper is Shimmery White.  I dry embossed both the heart and the background, tied the bow, and viola!  A beautiful card!  On the inside it says "Happy I Do Day!" The base of the card is Basic Black - very effective, yet simple!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...