Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A First for Me!

When I gave blood today, I had a first.  I felt "funny" - kind of short of breath and hot - like a prolonged hot flash.  I feel fine now, but I must have gone too fast or something, cause that's the first time I felt weird after giving blood.

I had typing to do today, so I was able to get most of it done this afternoon while I was recuperating from my blood donation.  I did get into my studio a bit this morning.  I sorted out some more old cardstock to put into my garage sale.  I've still got a long ways to go to be ready for a sale, but I'll get there!

Tonight I'm going to share some of the cards I made with the new butterfly punch and with the stamp set, Papillion Potpourri.  All of these cards are made with Stampin' Up materials.  On the first one, I used papers in Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum and Old Olive.  Notice the rhinestones...I "dyed" them to match my papers by coloring them with Sharpies.

This card is basically the same as the last card only I used various designer papers and made a card that will fit in a business envelope.
For this last card, I used the Papillion Potpourri stamp set and used Certainly Celery as well as Baja Breeze ink.  I also embossed the Baja Breeze cardstock with the new Chevron embossing folder and punched the butterflies out with our new punch.  The pears are colored with Sharpies!
I really, really like these products.  You'll probably see more butterflies in the days to come!

On a somber note, today would have been my mother's 101st birthday.  I thought about her today a little more than normal.  I sure do miss her!!  More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...