Monday, August 27, 2012

Good Monday!

Mondays aren't so bad any more - since I retired!!  I take my time getting up and around most Mondays.  I have Bible Reading Time at 10:30, so I can eat my breakfast and read the paper leisurely before I have to get around.  Today there were 9 of us at BRT - we didn't get chapter 2 finished, but we made it down to verse 22!!  Pretty good progress for us.  Chapter 2 of the book of John tells of the miracles/signs that Jesus did during his ministry - like turning the water into wine.  Very interesting discussion today!

I worked most of the day in my studio and actually got my Stampin' Up paper organized.  All of my current papers are in folders and filed alphabetically.  I even typed labels for the file folders!!  Speaking of stamping, I need to show you some cards that I made over the weekend.  They are so cute in person!!  The pictures don't really do them justice, but they're as good as I can get!

I told you we went to Ethan's birthday party on Sunday and this is the card I made for him.  It's made from Designs with a View papers that I had in my box of miscellaneous papers.  You can't really tell, but all of the cross-hatching is glittery.  I thought cupcakes were the way to go for the little guy.  I put his gift card inside it with just a very simple note of encouragement!
I think I also told you that our neighbors had twins about a month early.  They've now gotten to come home. So I made these little onesie cards for them.  These papers are not Stampin' Up.  Again, they are just made from papers I found while I was organizing my cardstock.  The bow and the trim around the sleeves, neck, and legs are all from SU.  The bow is made from white ribbon that I used Pink Pirouette marker on to make it pink!  The front buttons are from my mom's button box and the 3 buttons at the bottom are pearl buttons from Muscatine from Aunt Helen's button box.  I used a pink Sharpie on all of the buttons to make them a pale pink!  Fun!!  Dave thinks the little girl's name is Kaylee.
This is the one I made for the little boy, whose name escapes Dave.  I used blue card stock for the base and some designer paper (just from my stash) to make it look striped.  I put a little pocket on it and used buttons from Mom's button box.  Cute!    
We put both of these cards into a larger envelope along with a gift card from Target.  I hope they like them!! I had a blast making them.  I got the pattern from a lady on the internet...sorry, I forgot to make note of her name!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...