Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary

...to us!  Twenty-two years ago, Dave and I got married in Davenport.  It was on a Sunday just like today.  We went to church, then to lunch, then back to church to get married.  Sometimes it seems like we've always been married, and then sometimes it's as if we just got married yesterday!  I'm reminded of "Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be."  I sure hope that's true because we've had a wonderful 22 years!

After church this morning, we went to lunch with the Lunch Bunch.  We went to Courtside and FROZE!!  I even stood up on the bench and shut off the register right over us!  Dave went out to the car and got a blanket for Karie and I - it was that cold!!  It took forever to get our food, too...not good when you're freezing!  When we finished we all stood outside in the sun to warm up!  I watched Nascar and the Olympics while Dave took a nap.  We had opened up the house - the outside air was wonderful today!

Then this evening we went to church again...we had a casual service outdoors.  We had a good crowd, sang some good songs, and heard a good message.  It was a beautiful night to sit outside and worship God!

I am going to share a couple more cards with you tonight.  This is a technique called Triple Time stamping.  I demo'd the first one at our class.  It's done in all Baja Breeze and Whisper White.  I used Reason to Smile stamps and the sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  All Stampin' Up!  For another example of this technique, I showed the class that you could make this card using brighter colors and bolder stamps...in this case, I used Betsy's Blossoms in the new In-Colors for 2013-14.  All products are from SU except for the ribbon on this second card.  It's just some ribbon I had in my stash.



This is a fun, easy technique that makes a complicated looking card.  I hope you enjoyed seeing them.

More later...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...