Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Interesting Day

I had an interesting day today.  This afternoon, I went to church to help with the First Presbyterian Food Cupboard (not the right name, but I can't think what the right name is!)  I got there at 2:15 and left about 4:00.  There were about 25 of us volunteers and we were in a half-circle in the fellowship hall.  At 3:00 the "clients" started forming a line downstairs.  I was a personal shopper, along with 5 others of us.  That meant that I went with the "client" and helped them pick out what and how many of each item were available to them, based on their family size.  All of them were very appreciative and very polite.  I enjoyed myself a great deal.  I love to interact with people, so this was right up my alley!  I left at 4:00 because my back was hurting...so instead of going right home, I stopped at the chiropractor's office for an adjustment.  I feel much, much better this evening!

Tonight I'm watching the Olympics.  Misty and Kerri pulled one out today in beach volleyball!  That was scary - first time they've ever lost a set in the Olympics.  But they came back in the 3rd set strong!  I love watching them!

I told you in yesterday's post that I'd share some cards with you tonight.  This first one is a non-traditional Christmas card, done in Bashful Blue and Soft Suede.  We demo'd this one in our card class.  All products are Stampin' Up!  Love that Fancy Fan embossing folder!

This is a card I plan to give to Kyle & Cassie for their wedding.  Again all products are from Stampin' Up!  The paper I used is Shimmery White and Basic Black.  Behind the black scalloped circle is a scalloped circle cut from our Silver Glitter paper.  When I get to Waverly before the wedding, we're going to stamp all of the wedding programs with the "happy I do day" stamp, so I thought this was an appropriate card.  I wish you could see it in person because it's really striking - very sparkly!
Tomorrow is a laid-back day.  Dave has an electrician coming here to do some work, so I'll have to get up and around a little earlier than usual!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...