Thursday, August 2, 2012

Oh my!

Exciting Olympic events tonight!  Loved the Beach Volleyball - both men and women!  Swimming events are something else - poor Ryan Lochte!  Men's water polo - wow!  Then there's Gabby Douglas...thru 3 events, she's holding on to the gold.  Even Dave is enjoying the Olympics!

Speaking of Dave, he hired his electrician friends to put up a big spotlight, which lights up the whole front and side of our house.  It is so dark here normally, that I've been worried about someone breaking in while we're gone.  Well now, we're lit up!  It's like daylight out there.  It doesn't appear that it's going to bother the neighbors either.  If anyone complains, it'll be the neighbor on the east side of us.  But he'd better not, because his front light shines in my eyes every night when I'm in bed.

I've got a couple more cards to share with you tonight.  The first one is a Christmas card using products from the new Holiday catalog.  The Holiday Frame embossing folder makes a beautiful card, even without the ribbon and the oval cutout.  I made this card with the Shimmery White cardstock because it's heavier and didn't distort with the embossing folder's pressure.  I fell in love with this card the first time I saw it in the catalog.  All products are from Stampin' Up!

I made this card for our upline swap last Saturday.  The colors are Lucky Limeade and Primrose Petals.  I also used the Fan embossing folder and punched out the butterfly with our new butterfly punch - again all Stampin' Up!!
Hope you enjoyed these cards.  I really, really have fun making them and demonstrating how to make them at our classes!  Now I'm going back to watch the Olympics!  Tomorrow I have PEO so have to get up and get going in the morning!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...