Saturday, August 25, 2012

Little raindrops!

Raindrops were fallin' on my head!  Dave and I went to WalMart to get a couple of gift cards (which we forgot and had to stop at Target on the way home to get some there!!).  It rained a bit before we went and then drizzled on us on our way out of Wally World!  As we turned onto Hwy 34, I remembered that we forgot the gift cards and Dave said he wasn't going back there...we could get them at Target because it was on our way home!!  What a hoot!  While we were in line to check out, Dave was thinking about the lady in front of us who had one cart heaping full - $348+!!  I was thinking about the beautiful blonde girl who was running the cash register.  If she would have smiled, I'm sure her face would have broken!  She didn't even acknowledge us until Dave's credit card wouldn't go through and she had to ask for it so she could scan it on her side of the register.  She definitely wasn't having fun on a Saturday evening working!!  Poor girl!!!  If she'd talk to people and enjoy her job, her hours would go way faster!!  Just saying!

I did get some of my cards uploaded today, plus I've just about got the cards for the new twins next door done...and I need a 1 year birthday card for tomorrow.  I'm blogging early so I can go finish them!!

Here are the 3 cards we did at class on Thursday.   I demo'd the first two and Juliene did the last one.  All products are Stampin' Up, of course!  I love this fall leaf card.  It has lots of color and lots of texture, AND it was fun to make!

 The Christmas card this time was super simple and yet very striking!
This card is the one that everyone struggled with, and I can't figure out why.  It looks so simple to me, but they really had trouble with it.
This is the card we made at stamp club on Friday.  Jan demo'd the use of hexagons because she had purchased some new dies that cut that shape!

She cut her hexagons out of maps and also used dies to cut both the car and the sentiment.  The designer paper at the bottom of the card is "the yellow brick road"!  (That's what she called it!!)  Fun card.  I also worked on another one using the quilt pattern of Grandma's Flower Garden, but I'm not done with it yet, so I'll post it when I finish it!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...