Friday, August 3, 2012

Oppressive heat go away!!

Can you believe it's 92 here at 8:30 at night...only 80 in Largo, Florida.  Today was about as sticky as it could possibly be.  I walked over to my neighbors and I was drenched coming back home about 11:30 in the morning!  We actually have a chance for some rain tomorrow and then 80's for a few days!  The dog days of August hit very early, I'd say!

Dave pulled the two shrubs that were on either side of our front door out yesterday.  The house looks so much better without them there.  Now I've got to try to decide what to put in their place.  Probably nothing until we get some rain.  Everything we've planted is struggling this summer.  I may wait and plant in the fall before it freezes.

We had PEO this morning - only 22 of us there today.  I went out afterwards and delivered some of the yearbooks that hadn't been given out yet.  I've still got one to go...she can't come to meetings, but she still deserves her book.  I'll try to get it to her this weekend.

Here are a couple more cards for tonight.   The first one is a make & take from our upline meeting.  It's not quite finished - I need to add a sentiment and maybe some bling.  It's a little bare.  It's made with Gumball Green and Primrose Petals satin ribbon and the Mixed Bunch punch.  The paper is also Primrose Petals...it's a very simple card to do and yet very striking in real life.  It's on a Whisper White card base.  All products are from Stampin' Up!

This card is very attractive.  Juliene made this one for our upline swap.  I have one pretty much like it, but for some reason I scanned hers and not mine!  Oh, well!  We used the tulip border embossing folder on a Very Vanilla cardstock base, then added a Raspberry Ripple label and a VV label on top of it.  We colored the butterflies with a blender pen and Stampin' Up inks.  Even the twine is from Stampin' Up!
I'm crushed tonight.  My Todd & Phil got beat out of the Olympics today.  I told Dave I may not watch any more of it!  They just acted really, really tired today.  (This is my lower lip sticking out - I'm pouting!)  Dave reminded me that Track & Field events started today and I love them, so I guess I'll just suck it up and go back to watching!!  Go USA!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...