Friday, September 7, 2012

A few sprinkles!

We actually got a few sprinkles today - enough to make the driveway wet!  It was enough that I didn't have to go out and water my plants - they perked up quite a bit!  My hummingbirds are busy fattening up.  I've attached a picture of one that sat and watched me for a long time today.


As you can see, she's getting ready to heat south.  She's getting fat!  They actually double their weight for the big trip to Central America and points south.  They fly over about 500 miles of water before they reach land again so they have to store up body fat!  This little one is pretty fluffy!!  Of course, part of it was the fact that it was only 65 degrees out when I took these...I closed the window after she left!

I talked to Dave several times today.  He told me he'd decided not to pursue that trailer he was looking at.  He just thought we'd get claustrophobic - it's on a small lot with trailers on both sides.  Where we are now, we only have neighbors on one side.  It's really nice according to the pix he sent!  It'll make someone a nice home!

He's with Jami and the family tonight.  He called me after he'd picked up the girls from school, so I got to talk to both of them.  Danny wasn't home yet.

I got my new glasses today and ran some errands.  Other than that - I didn't do much!  I did finish a book.  It was a good day to stay in.  I need to go back to the eye doctor tomorrow, because my glasses aren't quite fitting correctly.  The nose pieces are killing me and one side is tighter than the other.  Other than that, I really like them!  I actually don't have my head back trying to see out of my bifocal - I can see the computer with the trifocal like I'm supposed to!!  Yay!!

Tomorrow's a big day!  Go Cyclones!!  More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...