Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back home again!

We left Friday morning for Indiana.  Dave's family always gets together for Labor Day, so we went out to be with them this year.  We had a really good time.  The party was at his sister's and all of the family was there except for Jami, Julie and Jessie and their families.  I think there were 30 there.  It was pouring down rain, so we were all inside.  Ages ranged from 88 to 17 months!  Good food, good conversation, and wonderful family!  I was really excited because I got to watch the Cyclone football game at the party.  They have a large flatscreen on the wall, so they did a PIP and had both the Purdue game and the Cyclone game on!  I loved it!!  Great to watch two college football games at one time on opening day!

We went to church with Don & Bev this morning.  We had planned to go out to lunch and then come home, but we ate too much this morning and didn't feel like eating again so soon, so we took off about 10:45 their time (which is an hour ahead of us).  We stopped at a DQ in Illinois for a shake and that held us over until we got home.  It rained on us about half of the trip home...everything in Indiana and Illinois really greened-up after the rains.  Not so in Iowa.  You can really tell a difference.  Our grass is very brown compared to theirs.

I'm glad to be home.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed!  Right now I'm watching the race - it's starting to get fun now.  It's actually been a boring race, but now with 38 laps to go, the drivers are going harder!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...