Friday, September 28, 2012

Beautiful Friday!

When I was still working at Indian Hills, every Friday was beautiful because it was a day off!  Today it was beautiful because it was a picture perfect day!  We had a good card class this morning.  There were only 4 of us there, but everyone liked my card!  Because we were short in numbers, we got done early.  I had picked up Ruth (a lady who is 90 and is giving up her car tomorrow) so I asked her if she'd like to take a drive to Agency just to see the beautiful fall foliage.  She said she wouldn't get to see it otherwise, so we took off.  The trees were so pretty - she just loved it!  I'm so glad I suggested it!!

After I got home, Dave washed and waxed my car.  He had done his truck the last couple of days, too.  So, they're both ready for winter!  He even vacuumed the inside of my car, put leather conditioner on the seats, Armorall'd the dash and door panels - it looks brand new!!  Now, I'm not going to want to drive it...I just want to leave it in the garage!

I have to tell you another thing that thrilled me to death today.  The view out of my office window was wonderful.  I'll show you why!  First I've seen this guy the last couple of days.  From what I can tell he's a red-bellied woodpecker.  I know his belly isn't red at all, but that's what he's called.  He's quite noisy, and very thirsty!!


Then just a few minutes later, I heard the sweet sounds of an Eastern Bluebird.  He was evidently very dirty!  
He sat on the side of the birdbath and groomed first one wing and then the other before he stepped into the water.  Once he got in, though, he just had a blast bathing!!
He splashed and splashed!
 Here he is after his bath - he's just all fluffy now!!
Then it was mama bluebird's turn.  She's not nearly as blue, but she was just as fluffy after her bath.  I had so much fun watching them!  And I was so excited to get some decent pix!  I really needed to take these pix in sports mode, though.  The water was just flying!!
Aren't they cute??

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...