Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday!

I was so excited about today.  I really didn't have anything I had to do except empty the dishwasher and start the ribs cooking.  I had no problem with the dishwasher, but I did have a problem with the ribs!  As I was getting the slow cooker out of the cupboard, the glass lid slipped and fell on the tile floor.  I had on sandals and when I looked down at the mess, I had little spots of blood here and there on my feet.  I just stood there for several seconds trying to figure out what I could do without getting more cuts.  The broom was behind me about 5 feet and behind a door.  I knew wherever I stepped, I was going to step on glass - this thing shattered into a gazillion pieces!!  When I finally moved, I found a piece of glass between my toes...not good, but I got rid of it right away.  When I got to the chair to shake out my shoes, there was even glass ON the chair and glass clear over by the main door to our family room - that's like 12 feet away!  It was everywhere!  I swept all of the big pieces into a pile, then called Dave.  He came home from Habitat and decided to pick up all the glass with the broom and dustpan and then just use the regular vacuum.  I figured he'd want us to use the garage vac, but the Electrolux has far more suction.  So we moved furniture and swept the floor.  Now tile is really bad when you drop something glass on it.  Our tile is especially bad because it has rather large indented grout lines - a good place for little slivers of glass to live forever!  We'll probably be finding glass for months!

The worst part of all of this is that I love that slow cooker and they don't make them quite like that any more.  Of course, it's old enough that I can't order just a replacement lid - the new lids don't fit it.  So I'm going to check out some of the second-hand shops to see if there happens to be one for sale somewhere.  If not, I'm putting a new slow cooker on my Christmas list!  I did get my ribs cooked - I got my crock pot out and cooked them in it.

Now I'm listening to my Cyclones - they are not playing well at all.  I've said all along that I'm not sure Steele Jantz is good enough to get us through the season...and tonight he's proving me right.  We're down by 8 at this point.  Yuck!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...