Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Sunday

I didn't do much today.  My cold/cough has just about gotten me down.  I did go to church this morning.  At that time my voice was still with me, so I thoroughly enjoyed singing "Soon and Very Soon".  The congregation loved it, too.  We actually got an ovation!!  That doesn't happen much at our church!  At church today, one of our members challenged us to do a "random act of kindness."  After church Dave and I went to 2nd Street Cafe for lunch and while there, we asked the waitress to get the check for this little old lady who was sitting by herself in a booth.  When we left, we paid for her lunch.  The waitress said the lady was a regular who used to live in the Hotel Ottumwa but was now in a nursing home.  I hope she enjoyed it - we enjoyed picking up her check anonymously!!

I came home and went to bed.  I slept for 2 hours and feel like I should sleep a bunch more!!  I watched the end of the race and then this evening we went back to church for our evening service.  We talked about Isaiah 52-53...very much like BRT.  We just read it and discussed it.  A great prophecy some 400 years prior to Christ's birth...hmmmm.  Amazing!

This week is a very, very busy one for me!!  Two things tomorrow, then DWTS tomorrow night...4 things Tuesday, 2 things Wednesday, 3 things Thursday, 2 things Friday and 2 things Saturday.  Sunday will truly be a day of rest!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...