Thursday, September 20, 2012

GS Eve!

Tomorrow is the start of our big garage sale, so tonight is GS Eve!  I've got PEO in the morning, so that's why our sale isn't starting until 1:00.  I will be glad when it's history and all of the "stuff" is gone!

Today I had my big test - a pulmonary function test.  It took an hour and it was very interesting.  I had to breathe normally and then on command bring in a huge breath and expel it all the way...did that several times...also had to pant - all just to see how my lungs compared to "normal" ones for my age, height, weight, and the fact that I am an ex-smoker.  I don't know for sure, but I think overall my lungs are pretty good.  The young man administering the test said he'd trade his lungs for mine any day!  All of the markers were to be in the 80-100 range and all but one of mine were.  The very bottom of my lungs weren't so good - they only got an average of 72.  Hopefully, though, there is nothing there to indicate either cancer or emphysema. My doctor won't get the report until about Tuesday, so now I wait!

Since I had some time to get these uploaded, I thought I'd share pictures of the cards we did at our last class.  Again everything is Stampin' Up.  This card is made with Garden Green cardstock, the Evergreen stamp set, and pewter embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Come to Bethlehem and we used one of the new embossing folders on the side, cut the scallop with the large scallop edgelit, and highlighted the embossed parts with Shimmer Frost paint.  I love this card!

I demo'd the next two cards.  This one is a masking technique using Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Starfruit inks.  The trees are from Lovely as a Tree and the sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  The trees are stamped with Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  

This card may be one of my very favorites.  First of all I love this stamp set.  It's called Just Believe.  The technique is watercolor.  We used Night of Navy and Old Olive markers to color the stamp, spritzed it with water, and stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The other cardstock is Lucky Limeade (because I was out of Old Olive!) and Night of Navy.  Again the sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  I added two of our 3/8" brads in the bottom right, just for some bling and the sentiment is at the bottom because I have a goof I'm covering up!!
Hope you enjoyed looking at my cards!  

More later...

3 comments:

  1. You need to post that blue one with Lovely as a Tree stamp. Missed your GS ... As on way to wedding in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post that card tonight! Another half day tomorrow! Be careful in Chi-town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cold and rainy here again today. Florida ... take me away! Thanks for posting ... it MIGHT be my remaining Christmas cards ... after getting my gray stamp pad when order comes.

      Delete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...