Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

It's really been a busy two days.  Since Christmas eve was on a Monday, I started my day off by making chili and spiced oyster crackers for supper after church services.  Then Dave and I hurried and wrapped Bryan & Erin's packages!  At 10:30 I went to Bible Reading Time.  There were 9 of us there and, boy, did we have a lively discussion!  We started at John 6:36 and I think we made it all the way to John 6:41 - 5 verses!  We don't strive for speed - just knowledge!!  Fun time!

When I got home about 11:45 Bryan was here and he and his dad were enjoying coffee in the kitchen.  We fixed a late lunch and then while Bryan ran an errand, Dave and I rested a bit before church.  Christmas eve service was wonderful - great music and wonderful message!  We got out about 6:45 and waited until about 7:30 to go to Bob & Ann's for soup.  We loaded up the chili and crackers, plus a pecan pie that Erin had sent with Bryan and enjoyed them PLUS oyster soup - a family tradition!  We didn't get home until 11:00 or after and we went right to bed in case Santa Claus came a little early (lol)!!

This morning while the guys were making bacon and eggs, Dave cut  up apples and we made apple salad for today's lunch with Bob & Ann.  Breakfast was wonderful - topped off with Erin's homemade cinnamon rolls!!  It's a good thing we didn't eat lunch until 2:00 because that was a HUGE breakfast!  We made up for it, though.  We didn't eat supper tonight!  It was a good day - just pretty much laid-back enjoying visiting with Bob & Ann!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and rejoiced over the birth of Jesus!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...