Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Friday

Today started out chilly (53), but very sunny.  We bundled up and went to the clubhouse to get ready to shuffle.  I shuffled in the first game, but I got warm quickly so shed my sweatshirt.  I was really glad that I wore shorts.  It wasn't cold at all at the shuffleboard courts.  I lost my first game because I put myself in the kitchen at the end...but I won my second game by 1 point!!  So I'm still .500...3-3 for the season.  I really, really like shuffling!

When we got done shuffling, we went to Beall's where I got 5 new tops!  I also went to Michael's and bought a skein of yarn and a set of knitting needles.  A lady at church told me she'd show me how to make one of the ruffled scarves that are so popular right now.

We came home and Dave cooked some burgers on the grill.  Then we took naps after lunch.  We decided naps were better than going to happy hour!!  This evening we tried to watch "The Gray" with Liam Neeson, but I didn't like it much.  Dave said he'd watch it another time.  Then we watched "Inside the DaVinci Code"...very interesting.  I loved the movie and wondered if there was any truth to it.  Dan Brown insists it's truth, but these experts said it was pure fiction!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...